Vendor risk management is not only required by the regulators – it has the added advantage of protecting your institution and accountholders when the correct practices are implemented. It identifies the risk posed when outsourcing a product or service and the necessary, reasonable measures to quantify and reduce that risk. This important session will teach you to identify, manage, and mitigate outsourcing risk through due diligence, contract management, risk assessments, and oversight management.
- What third-party risk management means today
- Determining who your vendors are and how to apply a risk rating
- Defining due diligence requirements
- Contract management: structuring and negotiation best practices
- Importance of proper oversight management and ongoing monitoring (often the forgotten pillar)
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Infographic: Vendor+Product+Risk=Documentation
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit compliance officers, compliance staff, internal auditors, risk management personnel, chief operating officers, chief risk officers, and those involved with third-party risk management.
SPEAKER: Branan Cooper, Venminder
Branan Cooper is the Chief Risk Officer at Venminder. He has over 25 years’ experience in the financial industry with a focus on the management of internal processes and controls – most notably in third-party risk and operational compliance. Branan joined Venminder from Bancorp Bank where he was senior VP and Director of Third-Party Risk Management. He has held similar positions with PartnersFirst, the credit card division of Western Alliance Bancorp, and at MBNA America. A frequent speaker at industry events, Branan received his Bachelor’s from Duke University and completed the Graduate School of Retail Bank Management and the ABA’s Graduate School of Compliance Management.