You greeted the accountholder with a smile, accepted the deposit, and counted the cash three times just like you should. You clicked the next button to generate the receipt and the CTR screen appeared. Fifty-seven empty fields just waiting to be populated!
This webinar will provide best practices on how to obtain the required information from the accountholder. Using a variety of scenarios, the presenter will provide an in-depth, line-by-line review of how to properly complete each CTR data field and how to avoid common errors. Don’t miss this detailed, insightful session.
- Field-by-field requirements
- Proper completion for business accountholders, including sole proprietorships and corporations
- When to select “Shared Branching,” “Multiple Transactions,” or “Aggregate Transactions”
- Importance of providing all information you have on file
- Avoiding common CTR errors
- Proper procedures for amending and back-filing CTRs
- CTR supporting documentation
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample CTR procedures incorporating the new and updated fields
- Sample CTR scenarios for review and training
- Audit checklist for reviewing correct CTR completion
- Cheat sheet to avoid errors
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for frontline staff, new account representatives, branch managers, BSA officers and staff, compliance officers, and staff responsible for completing or reviewing CTRs.
SPEAKER: Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 17 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, and coordinated internal and external audits and exams.