How do you handle incoming ACH entries if an accountholder is deceased? Are the right policies and procedures in place to ensure your financial institution doesn’t incur loss due to incorrectly handling death notification entries (DNEs)? Join this webinar to learn proper handling of federal benefit payments to deceased accountholders.
- Information about federal government benefit payment processing
- Reclamation rules for government and corporate entities
- How to limit your financial liability with reclamations and DNEs
- Constructive versus actual knowledge of death
- Handling ACH payments once you know an accountholder is deceased
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Printable government payments quick-reference cards
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for ACH operations staff, the frontline, service representatives, branch personnel, and AAP candidates.
SPEAKER: Michele L. Barlow, PAR/WACHA
Michele Barlow is the Vice President at PAR/WACHA (The Premier Payments Resource), headquartered in Wisconsin. Before joining the WACHA team in 2009, Michele spent several years as a corporate trainer in the financial industry. She is responsible for development and execution of association training and certification programs, conference planning, and member service. Michele is a member of NACHA’s Blue Ribbon Panel, the APRP Oversight Panel, and the Payments Institute Board of Regents. She is active on other national committees, and a frequent speaker at industry events. She obtained her AAP certification in 2010, her NCP in 2011, and became an NCP Certified Trainer in 2012. Michele holds a Bachelor’s from the University of Wisconsin.