Appraisals and evaluations continue to receive heightened regulator attention, including matters requiring attention (MRAs) and matters requiring board attention (MRBAs). Lenders often try to save time and money for the borrower and the financial institution. While these efforts are noble, it is critical that appraisal and evaluation processes and procedures comply with current regulations and guidance statements. Attend this webinar to gain a firm understanding of the real estate collateral valuation requirements imposed on financial institutions and appraisers. The focus will be on reviewing regulatory guidance and best practices for collateral valuations.
- Evaluation requirements and supporting documentation
- Required written policy and procedures
- Additional policy guidance
- Validation process requirements
- Appraisal value disputes
- Regulatory credit file requirements and recommendations
- Common examination findings
- Appraisal exemptions
- Renewal of an existing loan
- Proper use and documentation for “abundance of caution” exemption
- Collateral valuation guidance
- Commercial/business – purchase of an existing property
- Going-concern value
- CRE expected practices
- Appraisal FAQs
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The presentation will benefit loan committee members, business development personnel, lending officers, lending support staff, loan administrative staff, auditors, and loan reviewers.
SPEAKER: S. Wayne Linder, Young & Associates, Inc.
A thirty-year banking veteran, Wayne Linder was formerly the CEO of a community bank. As a Senior Consultant with Young & Associates, Wayne works as a lending and management consultant. He assists financial institutions under regulatory enforcement agreements and develops and implements written lending policies. Wayne is a popular seminar speaker with both national and international experience.