The board secretary’s role is vital! When was the last time your board secretary attended a training? Is he/she up to date on the dos and don’ts? Does the board understand the secretary’s responsibilities? Time for a training tune up?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the board secretary’s responsibilities
- Use checklists to track board review of corporate documents, policies, and reports
- Establish meeting agendas and distribute the board package efficiently
- Craft minutes and supporting documentation to serve as the official corporate record
- Explain benefits and compliance considerations of electronic board package delivery
A board secretary is so much more than a scribe and meeting planner. This crucial role involves communication with directors and management, corporate governance administration, oversight of policy and procedure review, maintaining training documentation, compliance issues, and managing relationships between shareholders, directors, and management. This program will detail the board secretary’s responsibilities, teach best practices, cover the dos and don’ts, and provide sample policy and tools.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, senior management, and directors.
- Board attendance log
- Sample policies and procedures approval schedule
- Sample board report schedule
- Sample agendas
- Electronic media board package considerations and sample procedures
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 19 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.