Which operational procedures pose the most risk to your staff? Do you have the skills and tools to detect security problems before issues arise? This webinar distills hundreds of potential security mistakes into the 15 most noteworthy.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the operational procedures that pose the most danger to staff and how to correct them
- Discover potential problems by using institution-wide security reviews
- Understand the basic principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Know why back-office staff should be trained differently for robberies
- Understand the need to conduct night inspections
- Use risk management techniques when making site selections, facility upgrades, and equipment purchasing decisions
There are hundreds of ways to make critical security mistakes within a financial institution — and little time to deal with the aftermath. This session will identify the 15 worst security mistakes that consultants find at financial institutions and how to correct them. The mistakes and remedies will be drawn from extensive consulting experiences across the country.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session would best suit security officers, risk management professionals, internal auditors, and operations management.
- ATM inspection form
- Challenge question criteria
- NCUA Letter 02-CU-12
- Night inspection form to help implement physical security inspections
- Sample incident report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Barry Thompson, Thompson Consulting Group, LLC
Barry Thompson is an international speaker, trainer, consultant, and writer. He is a security and compliance “guru” for a leading national training organization and regularly presents security conferences for trade groups – he has trained over 47,000 financial professionals.
Barry is recognized worldwide, presenting in Brussels, Belgium to European bankers on internal fraud; at the United Nations on identity theft; and to Japanese bankers on bank security. Barry has worked in the financial services industry for over four decades, and has held the positions of security officer, compliance officer, treasurer, senior vice president, and executive vice president. He has handled over 900 security cases and has been involved with investigations and prosecutions at the federal, state, and local levels. Barry is the author of 101 Security Tips for the Beginning Security Officer and has been interviewed by Newsweek, Computer World, USA Today, and other national publications.