Are you among the credit unions that have unwittingly established online banking programs that violate the E-SIGN Act? Noncompliance has consequences. Every e-statement your credit union ever sent could be deemed legally invalid. Plus, regulatory fines and legal costs could far exceed the potential savings e-statements provide. This timely session is a must to ensure legally compliant online banking.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Adhere to requirements for the E-SIGN Act and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA)
- Accommodate accountholders’ desire for social distancing during the pandemic
- Avoid common and potentially costly compliance mistakes
- Comply with E-SIGN’s consumer consent provisions and processes
- Create lawful, effective, well-written e-disclosures
- Prove consumers have technological competence to receive e-statements
- Avoid potentially costly consequences of noncompliance
- Immediately employ best practices, expert advice, and compliance tips
COVID-19 and social distancing make online banking essential to accountholders’ financial and personal health. But is your online banking program healthy? Does your e-statement program comply with legal and regulatory guidelines? Does it adhere to E-SIGN and UETA? Is your enrollment process lawful – completely? Are people allowed to enroll in online banking in the lobby? Do e-disclosures contain the required information, including mandatory technology guidelines? Could you provide evidence of affirmative consent if your e-statement program triggered a lawsuit or regulatory audit?
This informative session will teach you to recognize and avoid common mistakes in e-statement programs. It will provide answers to the most common and important questions about E-SIGN, UETA, e-statements, e-disclosures, and affirmative electronic consent. You’ll walk away with strategies and tools to ensure your e-statement program is well-managed and complies with legal, regulatory, and organizational guidelines.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit compliance officers, risk managers, records managers, online banking personnel, operations managers, business development managers, and others charged with managing electronic banking, E-SIGN, e-statements, e-disclosures, and electronic records.
- Whitepaper: Record Retention Rules for the Financial Industry
- Checklist: Is Your E-Statement Program Well-Managed & Compliant?
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Nancy Flynn, ePolicy Institute™, Business Writing Institute™ & Marijuana Policy Institute™
A recognized expert on workplace policy, communication, and compliance, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute, Business Writing Institute, and Marijuana Policy Institute. She provides training, writing, and consulting services to clients seeking to minimize compliance risks and maximize communication skills.
Nancy is the author of 13 books, including Writing Effective E-Mail, The ePolicy Toolkit, and The Social Media Handbook. An in-demand trainer, she conducts seminars, webinars, and one-on-one coaching for financial institutions, financial services firms, and other clients worldwide. She also serves as an expert witness in litigation related to electronic and workplace policies and procedures.