Real-life scenarios will be just one of the methods used to illustrate BSA issues during this advanced session. Have you updated your risk assessments? What about the fraud emerging from the shadows of the pandemic? BSA examiners are digging deeper and asking more questions about high-risk activities. Get prepared. Your examiners will certainly expect you to be.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand which sections of the BSA/AML Examination Manual changed in the April 15, 2020, update and prepare for the enhanced exam focus
- Use recent enforcement actions to anticipate potential challenges to the effectiveness of your BSA/AML program
- Determine if the program needs to be enhanced due to the emerging pandemic-related fraud issues
- Explain the “new normal” of BSA importance to the board and senior management
- Understand the updated risk assessment expectations that may be impacted by:
- Elder financial exploitation
- Model validation and data validation
- CBD and hemp issues
- Beneficial ownership
- Various 2020 hot topics, including OFAC penalties
During exams, BSA examiners are digging deeper and have begun to ask more questions about high-risk activities. Will your BSA/AML program pass the next exam? BSA/AML programs must be constantly updated because of the evolving threats of money laundering, financial crimes, cybersecurity, elder financial exploitation, and regulatory changes. This webinar will highlight hot issues and provide key take-aways that will enhance your BSA/AML program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for those who need advanced BSA/AML training. It is not an introductory program. It was developed for BSA officers and staff, senior management, security/risk managers, compliance officers, auditors, and legal counsel.
- Template for a CDD policy and procedures
- SAR checklist to identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity based on BSA exam procedures and the risk assessment process
- Sample BSA responsibility matrix, including SAR monitoring and CIP
- Format for quarterly BSA/AML/OFAC reporting to the board
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Most of her 35-year career was spent as a banker in several areas including lending, loan administration, electronic banking, and compliance risk management.
Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.