2020 thrust the financial industry into uncharted territory – complete with a bevy of associated regulations. Has your lending team become savvy enough about all the new rules to avoid the top 10 lending landmines? Will you have 2020 in hand before 2021 arrives?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Create an effective plan to manage lending compliance in 2021
- Develop a strategy to address the top 10 lending issues by using the provided manual
- Use the new APR computational tool for lending audits
- Identify potential fair lending problems in the loan application process
This year-end will be like none other. The pandemic has forced financial institutions to adapt delivery services for lending and offer quick solutions to problems. Fortunately, this year-end session can strengthen your 2021 game plan development. Discover the top 10 lending challenges, including associated requirements and risk areas. This jam-packed webinar will provide expert insight into solutions, best practices, and preventing costly mistakes. Tips and strategies to effectively manage regulatory reform will be included.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This comprehensive seminar will benefit compliance officers, internal auditors, retail managers, lenders, loan administration staff, risk managers, and anyone responsible for lending compliance.
- Matrix of 28 loan types; required disclosures for both consumer and commercial loans with explanations about real estate-secured loans
- Checklist of Reg B rules for online applications
- e-Banking risk mitigation strategies for identity theft, loan application fraud, and more
- Flood insurance resources
- HMDA reporting resources for 2021
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Most of her 35-year career was spent as a banker in several areas including lending, loan administration, electronic banking, and compliance risk management.
Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.