BSA has been like the 2020 bouncy ball of compliance. BSA issues and challenges are everywhere, yet sometimes elusive and difficult to grasp – especially with the added pandemic disruptions. The changes have been rapid and more are coming. This is the perfect opportunity to get up to speed on BSA and effectively manage whatever is thrown at you.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Effectively manage your BSA/AML program in 2021 and identify key risks
- Understand the impact of the April 2020 BSA/AML examination manual updates
- Determine the effect of FinCEN’s guidance on the BSA program in a year of rapid change and emerging risks from the pandemic
- Anticipate changes from FinCEN’s advanced notice of rulemaking on September 17, 2020, to “modernize” BSA/AML programs
- Manage the key challenges of:
- Elder financial exploitation
- CIP and CDD options for opening accounts online
- Enhanced due diligence
- CBD and hemp issues
- Beneficial ownership
- Lessons learned in recent enforcement actions
The pandemic has forced financial institutions to adapt delivery services and open accounts online through virtual banking. However, identity theft and other financial crimes increase the need for enhanced due diligence and greater risk assessment. Attend this year-end session to develop a strategy for 2021. Key BSA challenges will be examined to identify requirements and risk areas, as well as offer practical guidance and solutions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff who manage the BSA/AML program and train employees. It will benefit BSA officers and staff, senior management, security/risk managers, compliance officers, auditors, and legal counsel.
- Template for a CDD policy and procedures
- SAR checklist to identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity based on BSA exam procedures and the risk assessment process
- Sample BSA responsibility matrix, including SAR monitoring and CIP
- Format for quarterly BSA/AML/OFAC reporting to the board
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Most of her 35-year career was spent as a banker in several areas including lending, loan administration, electronic banking, and compliance risk management.
Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.