Bailiwick or nemesis? Crafting or slogging? However you view Call Reports and their preparation, this timely, fact-filled webinar will provide the latest Call Report changes for 2021.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the most recent changes to the Call Report
- Determine whether the new COVID disclosures are applicable
- Evaluate current trends in Call Report data
- Avoid common mistakes and prevent audit/examination findings
- Distinguish between what to include/exclude in loan and delinquency schedules
The Call Report is continually changing in response to new rules, regulations, NCUA’s Modernization Initiative, and now the COVID pandemic. COVID is wreaking havoc on credit union performance ratios, including net interest margin and return on assets. Examiners are consistently reporting Call Report errors as findings, regardless of materiality. This program will cover recent changes and trends and the top 10 errors to avoid common – yet costly – mistakes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for individuals involved in Call Report data collection, preparation, and review, with a focus on accounting, finance, and lending/collections.
- Important links to NCUA’s Credit Union Online website, including updated Call Report forms, instructions, and recent changes
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Stephen Schiltz, CLA
Steve Schiltz is principal with CLA’s Tucson office. He began his career with CLA in 2002 and has extensive experience providing assurance and consulting services to community financial institutions. Steve has made presentations to management teams, supervisory committees, and boards of directors, as well as national speaking engagements and webinars.
A licensed CPA in Arizona and Texas, Steve is a member of the AICPA, Arizona Society of CPAs and the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society. He received his bachelor’s in accounting, cum laude, from the University of Arizona in Tucson.