Learn to discern the elusive cash flow from Schedules D, E and F of borrowers’ personal tax returns. The method taught in this program is easy and reliable. From asset sales, to rental properties, to partnerships and farms, you’ll be able to accurately assess the borrower’s cash flow.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand recurring versus non-recurring incomes or losses from sales of assets on Schedule D or Form 4797
- Cash flow Schedule E, Page 1 to find the real income or loss from rental and royalty properties
- Build a “fair” cash flow for a rental property to assist in making a safe loan
- Convert Schedule E, Page 2: Partnerships and S Corporations from phantom incomes to real cash flow
- Correct farmers’ income on Schedule F: Farm Income
Determining cash flow from personal income tax returns is as important and challenging as ever. What does a lender need from a personal tax return? The cash flow that can repay your loan. With the information from this session, along with the free Lenders Tax Analyzer© software included with your registration, you will learn an easy, reliable method to convert a borrower’s personal tax return to an accurate cash flow statement.
Part 2 of this two-part program will cover some of the most difficult income to analyze.
- Are the sales of assets reported on Schedule D or Form 4797 recurring?
- Rental properties can be evaluated two ways, but one is often too conservative resulting in unnecessary denials.
- Partnerships and S corps show pass-through incomes that matter to the IRS, but nothing when determining cash flow.
- Farms often report income that was only partially taxable, or income from a different tax year.
Note: This session is designed for consumer and commercial lenders. This method does not follow Fannie, Freddie, or QM rules used in mortgage lending.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is designed for anyone in the lending area including Chief Lending Officers, MSRs, FSRs, sales staff, new accounts personnel, loan officers, loan underwriters, credit analysts, loan processors, branch managers, CEOs, and other key lending staff.
- Free copy of Lenders Tax Analyzer© software
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Tim Harrington, TEAM Resources
Tim Harrington is a Certified Public Accountant, author, and consultant who has specialized in working with community financial institutions since 1992. Since 1996, Tim has been President of TEAM Resources, a firm which provides consulting, strategic planning, and training from coast-to-coast.
A presenter at over 1,000 financial conferences, seminars, and webinars, Tim has provided consulting and training for hundreds of community financial institutions in nearly every state and four countries. Tim advises boards and senior management teams on strategy, profitability, and governance and works with staff on leadership and lending. Tim’s book “Eisenhower on Enlightened Leadership” has been used by many boards and management teams to improve internal leadership. In addition, he is a faculty member of three financial institution schools and is the author of the popular lending software “Lenders Tax Analyzer.”