Think you know all about AML? Think again! The recent passage of the National Defense Authorization Act included the most comprehensive set of reforms to the anti-money laundering (AML) laws since the USA PATRIOT Act was passed in 2001.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the expanded whistleblower protections and how those may lead to significantly increased civil and criminal enforcement of AML violations
- Avoid and protect your institution from new penalties
- Recognize how the AMLA strengthens FinCEN
- Explain the revised BSA declaration of purpose
The National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2021 was passed by the Senate despite a Presidential veto. The new provisions have serious implications for BSA programs regarding beneficial ownership, CTRs, and SARs. This webinar will break down the bill and go section-by-section through the money laundering piece and how it could impact your institution, including:
- A beneficial ownership database constructed by the federal government
- Streamlining SARs and CTRs
- A study to increase exemption levels for CTRs and thresholds
- New whistleblower protections
- A study on how to provide inclusion for charities and nonprofits
- Required annual training for examiners
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely webinar will benefit BSA officers, BSA staff, business department personnel, branch administration, deposit operations staff, trainers, branch staff, loan officers, and anyone who works with the Bank Secrecy Act or opens business accounts.
- Handbook with the bill’s complete text
- Executive summary
- Section-by-section summary
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Deborah Crawford, Gettechnical Inc.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Baton Rouge-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Debbie specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations, and IRAs.