No formal training in accounting? No problem! Designed for new commercial lenders and credit analysts, this session will explain the essentials of the accounting principles used to produce financial statements, how to calculate key credit ratios, and more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand accounting principles used to create financial statements
- Comprehend the major accounts on the balance sheet and income statement
- Recognize how the income statement and balance sheet are related and provide a foundation for understanding ratio and cash flow analysis
- Calculate key credit ratios when determining borrowers’ financial condition
- Understand the purpose and reasoning for performing a cash flow analysis utilizing the modified uniform cash analysis method to compare the UCA method to the traditional
This webinar is designed for new credit analysts and credit analysts and/or commercial lenders (including branch managers) with no formal training in accounting and credit analysis. It will begin by explaining accounting assumptions and the rules of debits and credits used to prepare financial statements and tax returns. Then, the course will review the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Retained Earnings, and Statement of Cash Flows by explaining the purposes of all statements and the meaning of common accounts found on them. With the knowledge gained to this point, techniques to spread financial statements will be covered to ensure the results will be reliable and basic credit, ratio, and cash flow analysis will be demonstrated to determine a company’s liquidity, leverage, operating performance, and cash flow generation capability. The focus will be on commercial and industrial type borrowers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar will benefit senior loan officers, credit analysts, senior credit officers, loan review personnel, commercial loan officers, consumer loan officers, branch managers, and credit administration support staff.
- Financial factor ratio worksheet
- Modified uniform cash flow analysis spreadsheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Jeffery Johnson, Bankers Insight Group
Jeffery Johnson has been in financial services more than 40 years. He has been VP and senior lender for a large regional bank and SVP and commercial banking division manager for a community financial institution. Most of his career has been spent in credit administration, lending, business development, loan review, management, and training and development. Over the last 17 years, Jeffery has provided training for several banking associations and individual financial institutions nationwide.
Jeffery holds a bachelors in accounting from Morehouse College in Atlanta, an MBA in finance from John Carroll University in Cleveland, a Diploma of Graduation from the Prochnow School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and a Graduate Certificate in Bank Management from the First American Management Institute at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.