Do you know where Reg E and Mastercard/Visa rules intersect? Where do disputes fall? Learn what you need to know to comply with these distinct, but overlapping, rules.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Name the seven Reg E definitions of an error
- Differentiate provisional credit timeframes by the applicable governance
- Compare timing requirements of Reg E investigations to Mastercard and Visa dispute handling
- Update policies and procedures based on best practices for provisional and final credit
- Answer the top five dispute-related questions
Issuing a Mastercard or Visa branded debit card means you’re governed by the brand’s operating rules. Generally, those rules dictate how to handle transaction presentments and subsequent chargebacks between parties. With consumer accounts and cards, some brand rules overlap with Reg E requirements.
Reg E governs the relationship between card-issuing financial institutions and their consumer accountholders. It’s the go-to reference for compliance when handling debit card disputes. But do the brand rules really conflict with Reg E, or are they complementary? This webinar will examine the obligations from both sets of requirements and analyze the similarities and differences.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for the frontline, operations personnel, and all service staff who work with debit cardholder disputes, including those responsible for compliance.
- A sample log to track cardholder disputes and chargeback investigations
- A table comparing Regulation E, Mastercard, and Visa timeframes
- A list of resource websites for Regulation E, Mastercard, and Visa information
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Dan Ferrel, SHAZAM, Inc.
Dan Ferrel is a seasoned financial services trainer with a community banking background. He began with SHAZAM 26 years ago as a project manager in the EFT implementations department. After three years as a project manager, he used his expanded EFT knowledge to become a corporate trainer. Dan continues to extend his vast knowledge of EFT products and services by delivering in-depth training through various channels. Dan provides valued training on a wide range of topics including ATMs, ATM cards, nationally branded debit cards, fraud, and ACH services.