Retirement savings is no joke, and neither is our virtual IRA Workshop. This informative session will provide you with everything you need to help guide your members through their retirement savings journey!
Introduction and Establishing IRAs
- Identify the tax advantages of Traditional and Roth IRAs
- Summarize the IRA opening document requirements
- Explain the difference between primary and contingent beneficiaries
- Compare and contrast Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Explain the regular contribution limit
- Distinguish the regular contribution deadline
- State the rules for prior-year contributions
- Communicate the regular contribution reporting deadlines
Moving IRA Assets
- Differentiate between a transfer and a rollover
- Show how assets are moved between employer-sponsored retirement plans and IRAs
- Describe a conversion from Traditional or Simple IRA to Roth IRA
- Demonstrate how to report the transactions
IRA Distributions and Beneficiary Options
- Identify federal income tax withholding requirements
- Recognize the exceptions to the early distribution penalty tax
- Summarize the tax consequences of Traditional and Roth IRA distributions
- Define a required minimum distribution and the required beginning date
- Describe beneficiary distribution options
- Recognize the differences for spouse, nonspouse, and nonperson beneficiaries
- Explain beneficiary payment deadlines
- Communicate the distribution reporting deadlines
9:00am - 10:30am - Introduction and Establishing IRAs
10:30am - 12:00pm - IRA Funding
12:00pm - 1:00pm - Break
1:00pm - 3:00pm - Moving IRA Assets
3:00pm - 4:30pm - IRA Distributions and Beneficiary Options
- Live Conference - $349 per person
- Six or More Participants - 15% discount for each participant (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive this rate)
Registration Deadline: September 20, 2021
**Login instructions will be sent one day prior to the conference.**
Thank you to our sponsor!
Paul Cullen, Technical Consultant, Ascensus
Paul Cullen is a technical consultant with the Ascensus ERISA compliance department. As a consultant, Mr. Cullen interacts daily with clients by answering their questions through Ascensus' 800 Consulting Service. Mr. Cullen also instructs Ascensus' webinars and various Ascensus-sponsored seminars nationwide. He lends technical expertise regarding Traditional and Roth IRAs, Coverdell education savings accounts, Archer medical savings accounts, health savings accounts, and various employer-sponsored retirement plans, such as SEP and SIMPLE plans. He also participates in technical reviews and assists in updating forms, documents, and publications.
Mr. Cullen holds a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN. He has received the designation of Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) from the Institute of Certified Bankers. He has been in the retirement services industry since 2004, during which time his responsibilities ranged from assisting with retirement plans to financial planning with insurance and investments for individuals. Mr. Cullen worked with the Ascensus plan services group (PSG) prior to joining Ascensus' ERISA compliance department.
A refund of the amount paid, less an $70 administrative fee per registrant, will be given for all cancellations submitted via email to email@example.com ten or more business days prior to the start of the session. No refunds will be granted if the cancellation is received after that time frame. Substitutes will be accepted any time prior to the start of the program at no additional cost. Simply email an updated registration form, listing the new participant and who they will be replacing.