What duties must be performed after an accountholder dies? Who can access the deposit accounts? What changes can be made? What about taxes, the will, and dealing with the family? If you don’t have all the answers, this is the webinar for you.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Review scenarios before you receive Letters Testamentary
- Find and use small estate affidavits
- Know how to pay out POD/ITF accounts
- Follow flowcharts for basic accounts, business accounts, and fiduciary accounts
- Have conversations with family members after death
This program will take you on a journey through all types of deposit accounts and explain how to handle them at death. What are the risks? Can you take names off accounts? What happens with tax reporting? Many legal questions will be asked and answered during this intensive webinar. Join us to learn the actions to take and mistakes to avoid.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit operations staff, deposit compliance personnel, branch managers, new accounts representatives, and all deposit personnel.
- New accounts manual with flowcharts on death procedures and a summary of how to handle each type of deposit account ownership at death
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Deborah Crawford, Gettechnical Inc.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Baton Rouge-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Debbie specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations, and IRAs.