The documentation drumbeat never fades. Every account, every transaction, every loan requires specific documentation. This webinar will march through each type of loan document and identify when to use it. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn about loan documentation for all legal entities.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand each specific loan document and its purpose
- Explain the various types of legal entities and how to determine the legal existence of each
- Distinguish when unanimous consent, certified resolutions, and incumbency certificates can be used
- Determine if the loan has been properly authorized by the legal entity and the proper person authorized to sign on behalf of the legal entity
- Identify which documents the lender can require a guarantor’s spouse to sign
Proper loan documentation is essential to the lender’s ability to enforce the loan against the borrower (and guarantor) and to pursue collection against the collateral. This webinar will provide a thorough understanding of each type of loan document and when that document should be used. It will take the mystery out of the “legalese” in loan documents and explain which wording is absolutely required for its legal effectiveness and which is simply “boilerplate.” Also, this webinar will explain every type of legal entity, including a corporation, general partnership, limited partnership, limited liability company, unincorporated association, sole proprietorship, living trust, and business trust. Join us to learn the legal entity documents your institution should review to confirm:
- The entity currently exists and is in good standing
- The entity has the actual legal authority to enter into the loan and to pledge its assets
- The person who is properly authorized to sign the loan documents on behalf of the legal entity
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations personnel, loan collection personnel, compliance staff, auditors, attorneys, managers, and other lending staff.
- Sample loan documentation checklist (list of loan documents and other items necessary to close a loan)
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
SPEAKER: Elizabeth Fast, Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Elizabeth is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions.