The effective date for the new Regulation CC amendments is right around the corner. Is your operations department prepared? This webinar distills the 232-page final rule into the top 25 things you need to know regarding updates to check collection and return provisions. Learn how these changes will impact your institution. This webinar will provide the knowledge needed to update policies and procedures and include an accelerated action plan for successful implementation by the July 1st deadline.
- Detailed overview of the new check collection and return requirements
- Differences between an electronic check and an electronically created item
- New warranties and indemnities and how liability may, in some cases, be shifted to your accountholder
- Procedures to ensure returns are processed in an expeditious manner
- Accountholder notifications and when they are required
- Additional proposed changes to Reg CC
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Action plan for Reg CC change implementation
- Reg CC amendment fact sheet (perfect for training directors and staff)
- Updated Reg CC policy language
- Sample operational procedures for check collections and returns
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit operations personnel, auditors, compliance officers, and anyone responsible for handling check collections and returns.
SPEAKER: Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 17 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, and coordinated internal and external audits and exams.