Residential construction lending is complicated and risky, requiring knowledge of a variety of unique processes and how to manage them. This webinar will explain the residential construction lending function from start to finish. It will address consumer disclosure rules for construction loans under TRID, special construction loan documents, proper perfection of your security interest during construction, adequate construction monitoring, and loan disbursement procedures.
- Proper construction loan documentation
- Regulation B considerations
- Creation and perfection of security interest in real and personal property
- When is an appraisal required and how is it ordered
- Loan disbursement procedures and monitoring
- Change orders and cost overruns
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of construction lending risks and protective measures
- CFPB fact sheet for construction-to-permanent loans under TRID
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for any of your personnel involved in residential construction loans including loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance personnel, attorneys, auditors, and managers.
SPEAKER: Elizabeth Fast, Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Elizabeth is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions. She is a member of the Missouri State Banking Board by appointment of the Governor.