Do you know how to handle government returns, DNEs, or NOCs? Do you understand your liability for government payments posted in error? Are the right policies and procedures in place to ensure your financial institution doesn’t incur loss from incorrect entries? Join us to learn more about properly handling federal government benefit payments and how to remain compliant and limit your liability when handling returns and reclamations.
- Differences between government and ACH rules
- Enrolling an accountholder to receive government payments
- Handling returns, DNEs, and NOCs, and the required timeframes
- How to handle government reclamations
- Dealing with “non-receipt of items” reports
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Printable government payments quick reference cards
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit ACH operations staff, frontline service personnel, branch staff, and AAP candidates.
SPEAKER: Michele L. Barlow, PAR/WACHA
Michele Barlow is the Vice President at PAR/WACHA (The Premier Payments Resource), headquartered in Wisconsin. Before joining the WACHA team in 2009, Michele spent several years as a corporate trainer in the financial industry. She is responsible for development and execution of association training and certification programs, conference planning, and member service. Michele is a member of NACHA’s Blue Ribbon Panel, the APRP Oversight Panel, and the Payments Institute Board of Regents. She is active on other national committees, and a frequent speaker at industry events. She obtained her AAP certification in 2010, her NCP in 2011, and became an NCP Certified Trainer in 2012. Michele holds a Bachelor’s from the University of Wisconsin.