The foundation for every safety and soundness exam is the CAMELS rating system. Examiners look at numerous assessment factors for each component. This webinar will address compliance considerations, examiner hot spots, and maintaining safe and sound financial performance. You’ll learn more about the big picture and how each department’s efforts fit together. Participants will receive a CAMELS report checklist that indicates which reports will aid in understanding how your institution stacks up on each CAMELS component.
- The six components of the CAMELS rating system and the assessment factors examiners consider during a safety and soundness exam
- Examples of strong policy, procedure, and practices
- Examiner hot buttons
- Red flags that require management and board attention
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- CAMELS report checklist indicating which reports will benefit directors and executive management
- Red flags checklist for each CAMELS component
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executives, senior managers, department heads, and directors.
SPEAKER: Ann Brode-Harner, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode-Harner began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for over 30 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.