Do your HR policies address marijuana use and impairment – on and off the job?
Is your financial institution prepared for legalized marijuana? While marijuana use remains illegal on the federal level, states are swiftly legalizing medical and recreational use. To date, 33 states and Washington, D.C. have legalized medical use, and 11 states have approved recreational use. Regardless of where your state stands, now is the time for HR professionals and employers to address the challenges of employee marijuana use.
Effective marijuana HR policies and procedures are at the heart of workplace cannabis management. This webinar is designed to help financial institutions understand, prepare for, and manage marijuana use in compliance with policy, best practices, and the law. Join us to gain an understanding of policy-related issues and procedures. Learn why and how to implement best-practices-based marijuana policy to communicate rules, manage expectations, support productivity, ensure safety, and comply with federal and state laws. As the march toward nationwide legalization continues, don’t leave cannabis compliance to chance. Attend this program to learn the ABCs of evolving laws and effective marijuana HR policy and procedures.
- Understanding and complying with federal and state marijuana laws
- Weighing the legality and effectiveness of zero-tolerance policies
- Testing (or not testing) employees and job applicants
- Conflicting court decisions on disciplining employees and rejecting job applicants
- Prohibiting on-the-job marijuana use
- Blocking medical marijuana users from employment
- Accommodating registered medicinal users
- Complying with anti-discrimination protections and disability-accommodation laws
- Recognizing and handling suspected impairment
- Managing expectations about on-the-job and off-duty consumption
- Addressing cannabis oil (CBD) and hemp
- Updating policy and procedures to keep pace with evolving legislation and case law
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Whitepaper, Marijuana HR Policy & Best Practices: Handling Employee Medical & Recreational Use
- Legalized marijuana resource list and links
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for human resources professionals, managers, executives, training managers, compliance officers, and legal professionals. Anyone responsible for writing, implementing, and enforcing marijuana policy and legal compliance will benefit.
SPEAKER: Nancy Flynn, ePolicy Institute™, Business Writing Institute™ & Marijuana Policy Institute™
A recognized expert on workplace policy, communication, and compliance, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute, Business Writing Institute, and Marijuana Policy Institute. She provides training, writing, and consulting services to clients seeking to minimize compliance risks and maximize communication skills.
Nancy is the author of 13 books, including Writing Effective E-Mail, The ePolicy Toolkit, and The Social Media Handbook. An in-demand trainer, she conducts seminars, webinars, and one-on-one coaching for financial institutions, financial services firms, and other clients worldwide. She also serves as an expert witness in litigation related to electronic and workplace policies and procedures.