Don’t let a TRID mistake cost you a citation – or worse.
This is your chance to get the goods on TRID, including loan estimates and closing disclosures. Improve your accuracy (and member service) with this detail-driven webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define which loans are covered by TRID rules
- Describe the requirements for each section of the Loan Estimate (LE) and closing disclosure (CD)
- Distinguish between a loan’s “purpose” under TRID versus HMDA versus URLA
- Explain when a revised LE is necessary
- Understand requirements for both single- and separate-close construction loans and permanent-phase closings
- Review the accuracy of projected payments and other calculations
- Test charges subject to tolerance standards
- Recognize when a corrected CD is required
TRID continues to top the list of examiners’ most-cited violations. The issue may be as small as a missed checkbox or as large as a fee increase that results in a tolerance cure to the borrower. Compliance efforts over the last several years have been devoted to implementing TRID and ensuring disclosures are provided to borrowers in a timely, accurate manner. But TRID rules continue to grow and evolve – and examiners are diving deeper into disclosures and processes to ensure you are providing accurate documents to applicants and borrowers. This session will review sample disclosures for fixed-rate, adjustable-rate, and construction loans. As the documents are reviewed, the speaker will address regulatory requirements, dive into the guidance, and review common errors when completing the LE and CD.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to loan officers, mortgage officers, loan processors, loan operations staff, compliance officers, and internal audit staff.
- TRID tolerance chart
- Formulas to test TRID calculations
- Sample completed forms
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
SPEAKER: Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 20 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.