Frontline credit union staff might be focused on member service, but there are many compliance requirements that come with the job. That’s why the New York Credit Union Association is again offering the seven-part Frontline Compliance webinar series. This online series will help frontline staff stay up-to-date on the latest rules, regulations and laws impacting their day-to-day functions.
Participants who complete all seven sessions will earn their Frontline Compliance Specialist certification!
**In 2021, the Frontline Compliance Certificate Program will be offered on-demand only. These webinars will be available until December 31, 2021.**
SESSION ONE: MEMBERSHIP CONSIDERATIONS
- What is share insurance?
- Membership eligibility and ownership considerations
- How should deceased member accounts be handled?
SESSION TWO: UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE & ACH BASICS
- What should you notice when negotiating a check?
- What types of endorsements are acceptable?
- What is reclamation?
SESSION THREE: RESTRAINING NOTICES
- What is a restraining notice?
- How the right to offset is impacted?
- What funds are exempt?
SESSION FOUR: TRUTH IN SAVINGS / NCUA PART 707
- What is the Truth in Savings Act?
- How does Truth in Savings affect advertising?
- What are the rules for overdraft/courtesy pay?
SESSION FIVE: REGULATION Z
- Why are there required disclosures under Regulation Z?
- What must be disclosed?
- How should error resolution be handled?
SESSION SIX: REGULATION E ERROR RESOLUTION & AVOIDING COMMON MISTAKES
- What is an error?
- How to handle the error resolution process
- How should consumer liability be calculated?
SESSION SEVEN: REGULATION B/FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT
- What is prohibited discrimination?
- What is included on an adverse action notice?
- How to handle disputes of information under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
BANK SECRECY ACT - RECOMMENDED WEBINAR
- What is CTR/SAR and why are they required?
- Preventing money laundering/terrorism
- What is the USA Patriot Act
Educational Investment for the 7-Webinar Series:
$399 per Credit Union with Assets Up to $50 Million
$499 per Credit Union with Assets $50 - $100 Million
$599 per Credit Union with Assets Over $100 Million
**Registration is per credit union. Please send the names and email addresses of any additional participants to Events.Training@nycua.org.**
Who Should Participate:
This session is open to all front-line staff from Association-affiliated credit unions.
Sarah Hodgens, Director of Compliance
New York Credit Union Association
Please note: This is a seven-part webinar series. Individual session registration is not available.
A refund of the amount paid, less a $80 administrative fee per registration, will be given for all cancellations received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org ten or more business days prior to the start of the series. No refunds will be granted if the cancellation is received fewer than ten business days prior to the start of the series. Substitutes will be accepted anytime prior to the start of the series at no additional cost. Simply email an updated registration form, listing the new participant and the name of the person they will be replacing.