ALBANY, N.Y. – The New York Credit Union Association released the results of the organization’s 2020 Membership Survey, which included feedback from 69 credit union leaders, representing approximately a quarter of the association’s membership. The online survey, conducted in December 2020, shows NYCUA members maintain highly favorable views of the organization, and membership in the trade association remains extremely valuable to New York’s credit unions.
Highlights from the survey responses include:
- 97% of respondents said NYCUA was succeeding in its mission: Advancing the credit union movement by advocating, educating, uniting and supporting the interests of all credit unions statewide.
- 97% of respondents said NYCUA membership was valuable to their credit union.
- 97% of respondents said they were satisfied with NYCUA membership.
- 97% of respondents said NYCUA is effective at supporting credit unions.
- 95% of respondents said NYCUA is effective at uniting the credit union movement.
- 94% of respondents said NYCUA is an effective advocate.
- 94% of respondents said NYCUA is an effective educator of New York’s credit unions.
- Respondents said compliance is the most utilized support service offered by NYCUA.
“The New York Credit Union Association carries out our mission with passion and earnestness, and our commitment to the New York credit union community is reflected in the responses we received in our latest Membership Survey,” said NYCUA President/CEO William J. Mellin. “2020 was a challenging year for us all, but NYCUA continued to unite the state’s credit unions with unparalleled advocacy, professional development and support services. As we transition to 2021, New York’s credit unions can know we are here as their dedicated and steadfast partner – just as we have been for over 100 years.”
About the New York Credit Union Association:
For more than 100 years, the New York Credit Union Association has served as the trade association for the state’s credit unions, which collectively hold more than $90 billion in assets and serve 6 million members. NYCUA advances the credit union movement by advocating, educating, uniting and supporting the interests of all New York credit unions. To learn more about NYCUA, visit www.nycua.org. To find a credit union or learn more about the credit union movement, visit www.yourmoneyfurther.com.
Contact: R.J. Tamburri | VP, Communications & Marketing
(800) 342-9835, ext. 8101 | email@example.com