2017 Statewide Scholarship Program
With the New York Credit Union Association's annual, statewide Scholarship Program, your credit union or chapter can offer college scholarships to deserving young members. In 2016, scholarships awarded ranged from $250 to $1,500.
This program is an exciting example of the credit union "people helping people" philosophy in action. In 2016, the New York Credit Union Association awarded $25,000 in scholarships to 49 students across the state, enabling the next generation of leaders to achieve their dreams of a college education!
- Oct. 11, 2016: Deadline to register and submit payment for the 2017 program
- Dec. 30, 2016: Deadline for students to submit applications to credit unions
- Jan. 13, 2017: Deadline to submit completed scholarship applications to the New York Credit Union Association
- May 2017: Your credit union will receive notification regarding 2017 winners and awards.
How to participate:
- Review our program brochure for complete details and registration instructions.
- Submit your credit union/chapter's registration form (found in the program brochure) and payment by Oct. 11.
- Promote the program using the following free tools:
- Scholarship application print form (to be printed/copied and distributed to applicants; completed forms should be returned to your credit union)
- Scholarship application online form (to be shared with applicants electronically)
- Memo to applicants (to be distributed with applications)
- Promotional poster (PDF format, 22x28) Note: Your credit union will receive two 12x18 printed posters by mail once your registration is processed.
- Promotional flyer (print-quality PDF format)
- Scholarship logo (high-resolution)
- Web banner
- Web button
- Sample newsletter article
- Sample news release
- Sample letter to Schools
- Sample letter to sponsor groups/SEGs
- Credit Union Coordinator best practices
- Applicant Listing Template
- Collect completed scholarship applications directly from eligible members and submit them to the Association by Jan. 13, 2017. The Association will only accept applications that are received directly from the participating credit unions.
New York Credit Union Association
1021 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, New York 12205
Watch for notification in May regarding our 2017 winners!
Offer your own scholarships!
If your credit union or chapter would like to offer your own scholarship(s) as well, we'll provide you with a list of your credit union's top 10 applicants for a nominal fee. Please see the program brochure for details.
Students apply for the scholarships directly through their own credit unions.
Need assistance? Simply contact Heather D'Arcy at email@example.com or call (800) 342-9835, ext. 8127.