2018 Statewide Scholarship Winners
Thanks to 82 credit unions and nine chapters, the New York Credit Union Association has awarded $25,500 in scholarships to 27 bright, hardworking young credit union members. These students competed against more than 1,400 credit union members throughout the state and were chosen based on their outstanding academic performance, extracurricular activities, honors, community service and leadership.
2018 Statewide Scholarship Program
The New York Credit Union Association's annual Statewide Scholarship Program is an exciting example of the credit union "people helping people" philosophy in action, enabling the next generation of leaders to achieve their dreams of a college education! In 2017, the New York Credit Union Association awarded $29,500 in scholarships to 34 bright, hardworking young credit union members across the state.
With the New York Credit Union Association's annual, statewide Scholarship Program, your credit union or chapter can offer college scholarships to deserving young members. By participating at the credit union and chapter level, your members are eligible for three separate scholarships by filling out just one application. In 2017, scholarships awarded ranged from $500 to $1,500.
- Oct. 13, 2017: Deadline to register and submit payment for the 2018 program
- Jan. 5, 2018: Deadline for students to submit applications to credit unions
- Jan. 19, 2018: Deadline to submit completed scholarship applications to the New York Credit Union Association
- Late April - Early May 2018: Your credit union will receive notification regarding 2018 winners and awards.
How to participate:
- Review our pdf program brochure (290 KB) for complete details and registration instructions.
- Submit your credit union/chapter's registration form (found in the program brochure) and payment by Oct. 13.
- Promote the program using the following free tools:
- pdf Scholarship application print form (231 KB) (to be printed/copied and distributed to applicants; completed forms should be returned to your credit union)
- pdf Scholarship application online form (396 KB) (to be shared with applicants electronically)
- document Memo to applicants (16 KB) (to be distributed with applications)
- Promotional poster (PDF format, 22x28) Note: Your credit union will receive two 12x18 printed posters by mail once your registration is processed.
- pdf Promotional flyer (394 KB) (print-quality PDF format)
- image Scholarship logo (498 KB) (high-resolution)
- image Web banner (64 KB)
- image Web button (16 KB)
- document Sample newsletter article (17 KB)
- document Sample news release (14 KB)
- document Sample letter to Schools (15 KB)
- document Sample letter to sponsor groups/SEGs (15 KB)
- document Credit Union Coordinator best practices (61 KB)
- spreadsheet Applicant Listing Template (9 KB)
- Collect completed scholarship applications directly from eligible members and submit them to the Association by Jan. 19, 2018. The Association will only accept applications that are received directly from the participating credit unions.
New York Credit Union Association
1021 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, New York 12205
Watch for notification in Late April - Early May regarding our 2018 winners!
Offer your own scholarships!
If your credit union or chapter would like to offer your own scholarship(s) as well, we'll provide you with a list of your credit union's top 10 applicants for a nominal fee. Please see the program brochure for details.
Need assistance? Simply contact Heather D'Arcy at email@example.com or call (800) 342-9835, ext. 8127.