2019 Statewide Scholarship Program
The New York Credit Union Association's annual Statewide Scholarship Program is an exciting example of the credit union "people helping people" philosophy in action, enabling the next generation of leaders to achieve their dreams of a college education! In 2018, the New York Credit Union Association awarded $25,500 in scholarships to 27 bright, hardworking young credit union members across the state.
With the New York Credit Union Association's annual, statewide Scholarship Program, your credit union or chapter can also offer college scholarships to deserving young members. By participating at the credit union and chapter level, your members are eligible for three separate scholarships by filling out just one application. In 2018, scholarships awarded ranged from $750 to $1,500.
- Oct. 12, 2018: Deadline to register and submit payment for the 2019 program
- Jan. 4, 2019: Deadline for students to submit applications to credit unions
- Jan. 18, 2019: Deadline to submit completed scholarship applications to the New York Credit Union Association
- Late April - Early May 2019: Your credit union will receive notification regarding 2019 winners and awards.
How to participate:
- Review our program brochure (Coming Soon) for complete details and registration instructions.
- Submit your credit union/chapter's registration form (found in the program brochure) and payment by Oct. 12.
- Promote the program using the following free tools:
- Scholarship application print form (Coming Soon) (to be printed/copied and distributed to applicants; completed forms should be returned to your credit union)
- Scholarship application online form (Coming Soon) (to be shared with applicants electronically)
- Memo to applicants (Coming Soon) (to be distributed with applications)
- Promotional poster (Coming Soon) (PDF format, 22x28) Note: Your credit union will receive two 12x18 printed posters by mail once your registration is processed.
- Promotional flyer (Coming Soon) (print-quality PDF format)
- Scholarship logo (Coming Soon) (high-resolution)
- Web banner (Coming Soon)
- Web button(Coming Soon)
- Sample newsletter article (Coming Soon)
- Sample news release (Coming Soon)
- Sample letter to Schools (Coming Soon)
- Sample letter to sponsor groups/SEGs (Coming Soon)
- Credit Union Coordinator best practices (Coming Soon)
- spreadsheet Applicant Listing Template (9 KB)
- Collect completed scholarship applications directly from eligible members and submit them to the Association by Jan. 18, 2019. The Association will only accept applications that are received directly from the participating credit unions.
New York Credit Union Association
1021 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, New York 12205
Watch for notification in Late April - Early May regarding our 2019 winners!
Offer your own scholarships!
If your credit union or chapter would like to offer your own scholarship(s) as well, we'll provide you with a list of your credit union's top 10 applicants for a nominal fee. Please see the program brochure for details.
Need assistance? Simply contact Heather D'Arcy at email@example.com or call (800) 342-9835, ext. 8127.
2018 Statewide Scholarship Winners
Thanks to 82 credit unions and nine chapters, the New York Credit Union Association has awarded $25,500 in scholarships to 27 bright, hardworking young credit union members. These students competed against more than 1,400 credit union members throughout the state and were chosen based on their outstanding academic performance, extracurricular activities, honors, community service and leadership.