Despite the fact that CUNA GAC is being held virtually rather than in Washington, D.C. in 2021, meeting with our members of Congress remains vitally important to our advocacy efforts. The New York Credit Union Association's Virtual Hike the Hill will give credit union advocates the opportunity to discuss legislative matters influencing everyday operations and procedures with our members of Congress. These meetings will be held during CUNA’s GAC, and allows attendees to ask questions and hear directly from their members of Congress despite not being able to visit the Capitol.
Please use the links below to register for meetings with lawmakers. Advocates are welcome to attend any meeting, even if you reside or work outside the lawmaker's district. Meeting details will be provided to registrants once available.
A briefing document for federal Hike the Hill meetings can be found here: pdf CUNA GAC Materials: Credit Union Priorities (50 KB)
- Rep. Tom Reed: Feb. 23, 2 p.m. (Note: This is Rep. Reed's live-link to the webinar. Please add it to your calendar.)
- Rep. Paul Tonko: Feb 24, 11 a.m.
- Kayla Williams (on behalf of Rep. Brian Higgins): March 1, 12 p.m.
- Rep. Tom Suozzi: March 1, 1 p.m.
- Rep. Carolyn Maloney: March 5, 2 p.m.
*Please note: Just as in-person meetings are subject to time and date changes based on lawmaker availability, so to are virtual meetings. Your flexibility is appreciated.